My favorite Poster. (That’s my treadmill below it)
I read some of his speech, and contemplate, with every single inside walk…
I still believe……
PS I have posted about Dr. King nine times. Please read more if you are interested…Just search Martin Luther King, Jr. on my blog.
Photos and humor…both can shift my whole mood, can change a whole day!!
This one’s been around but it still cracks me up when I read it! My current favorites are #3, #5, and #12! Enjoy!
1. The dumbest thing I ever bought was a 2020 planner.
2. 2019: Stay away from negative people. 2020: Stay away from positive people.
3. The world has turned upside down. Old folks are sneaking out of the house & their kids are yelling at them to stay indoors!
4. This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her dog. It was obvious she thought her dog understood her. I came into my house & told my cat. We laughed a lot.
5. Every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.
6. Does anyone know if we can take showers yet or should we just keep washing our hands?
7. This virus has done what no woman has been able to do. Cancel sports, shut down all bars & keep men at home!
8. I never thought the comment, “I wouldn’t touch him/her with a 6-foot pole” would become a national policy, but here we are!
9. I need to practice social-distancing from the refrigerator.
10. I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to the Backyard. I’m getting tired of the Living Room.
11. Appropriate analogy. “The curve is flattening so we can start lifting restrictions now” is like saying “The parachute has slowed our rate of descent, so we can take it off now.”
12. Never in a million years could I have imagined I would go up to a bank teller wearing a mask & asking for money.
13. The spread of COVID-19 is based on 2 things:
1. How dense the population is.
2. How dense the population is
And here’s another chuckle!
Have faith in Pfizer’s Covid vaccine. Pfizer patented Viagra. If a company can raise the dead it can certainly save the living.
just seconds later…
I can’t decide whether I prefer sunrise or sunset, but in the winter, both can be a spectacular show to watch!!
You know, I really am not just a Pollyanna-type optimist. As a matter of fact, I subscribe to one philosophy that I learned from one of my favorite teachers, Joan Borysenko.
In an article years ago on Oprah.com, Joan shared this: My favorite quote is by the mysterious William Arthur Ward, whom Google does not identify: “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”
I try to be an optimistic realist.
Luckily I had another teacher also, a Dad who taught me when I was very young how to Bloom Where I am Planted and that’s never left me. It has served me pretty well during this pandemic.
Here are a couple of Spirit Lifters for today, worth the time to view and enjoy. I learned a lot from both.
And this one from a Beach I frequented while growing up.
You may have seen the video below. If not, well HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
I meant to post it New Year’s Day but got distracted by other stuff.
And now, all I can think of is the powerful question I woke up with this last Thursday morning…the day after the…uh, insurrection at the US Capitol.
I wondered out loud if the way I was feeling…appalled, furious, disgusted, extremely critical of those selfish, insane people, was the same way my elders felt toward me in the 1960’s when I was willing to risk my life for the things I believed in so strongly…Racial Equality and ending the Vietnam war!
I had to think about that for a long time.
I concluded that violence was the difference. Back then we marched, and sat, and sang, and lobbied, and yes, I even put daisy’s in the rifle barrels of the National Guardsman trying to stop us.
So today, I am watching this Fireworks Video differently.
Each explosion is a failed gun shot, blossoming into glorious proof of the miracles in life.
Here. Try it again….
Thanks, and be safe and healthy.
I love finding new and inspiring things on line. There are so many more than I ever knew about.
I’ve talked before about Greater Good Science Center before, one of my favorites for interesting, science based articles, etc. about mental and emotional well-being.
Here’s one that’s new to me. I really like what I see. A little more on the spiritual side. It’s called Inside Wink.
And if that kind of website is not your cup of tea, there’s always just that…
a nice, late afternoon cup of TEA!
Is there anything more beautiful than a Winter Sunset??
Loki is the sweetest cat ever (well, except for Lucy!)
Terrifying growth! And he still has 2 years to get to full size!